VIKAS P.U COLLEGE, MANGALURU
CBSE CLASS : 10 MODEL QUESTION PAPER-2
Time : 3Hrs Max Marks: 80
- The question paper comprises of two sections A & B. You are to attempt both the sections.
- All questions are compulsory.
- All questions of Section-A and B are to be attempted separately.
- There is an internal choice in three questions of three marks and two questions of five marks.
- Question number 1 to 2 in Section- A are 1 mark question. They are to be answered in one word or one sentence.
- Question numbers 3 to 5 in Section – A are 2 marks questions. These are to be answered in 30 words each.
- Question numbers 6 to 15 in Section –A are 3 marks questions. These are to be answered in about 50 words each.
- Question numbers 16 to 21 in Section – A are 5 marks questions. These are to be answered in 70 words each.
- Question numbers 22 to 27 in Section- B are based on practical skills. Each question is two marks question. These are to be answered in brief.
- What is gangue? (1)
- Which nutrient of food is associated with muscular action? (1)
- An element “X” has mass number 35 and the number of neutrons, is 18. Identify
the group number and period of “X”. (2)
- Pesticides are useful to farmers yet considered as pollutants. Give reasons. (2)
- Why does planets do not appear to be twinkling? (2)
- Name the electric device that converts mechanical energy into electrical energy.
Draw the labeled diagram and explain the principle involved in this device. (3)
What is presbyopia? How can it be corrected?
- Write all the elements present in third period of the periodic table and give their electronic configuration. (3)
- List three differences between arteries and veins. (3)
- Write the functions of the following in human female reproductive system Ovary,
oviduct, uterus. (3)
Explain budding in hydra with the help of labeled diagrams only. (3)
- Differentiate between the arrangement of elements in Mendeleev’s periodic table
and Modern periodic table. (3)
- Define power of lens. What is the S.I unit of power of a lens ? If power of lens is +2D
what is the nature and focal length of the lens? (3)
- How is ozone layer important to us? (3)
- Name the factors on which force produced due to magnetic field depends. (3)
- “pH has a great importance in our daily life” explain by giving three examples. (3)
Crystals of copper sulphate are heated in a test tube for some time. (3)
(a) What is the colour of copper sulphate crystals?
(i) Before heating (ii) After heating
(b) What is the source of liquid droplets seen on inner side tube?
- (a) Why are covalent compounds generally poor conductors of electricity? (3)
(b) Name the following compound:
Name the gases evolved when ethanoic acid is added to sodium carbonate. How would you prove the presence of this gas?
- With the help of a labeled circuit diagram wire describe an activity to illustrate the pattern of the magnetic field lines around a straight current carrying long conducting wire . (5)
- i) Name the rule that is used to find the direction of magnetic field associated with a current
- ii) Is there a similar magnetic field produced around a thin beam of moving
(a) alpha particles and (b) neutrons? Justify your answer
- What is meant by water crystallization in a substance? How would you show thatblue copper sulphate crystals contain water of crystallization? (5)
Draw the structural formulae of all the possible isomers of the compound with the molecular
formula C3H6O and also give their electron dot structures. (5)
- (i) What is the importance of stomatal pores? (5)
(ii) Where are they present?
(iii) How do they open and close?
- Noopur needs a lens of power -4.5D for correction of her vision. (5)
- a) What kind of defect in vision is she suffering from?
- b) What is the focal length and nature of the corrective lens?
c)Draw ray diagrams showing the (a) defected eye and (b) correction for this defect.
d)What are the causes of this defect?
- Give reson: (5)
- Aluminium oxide is amphotoric oxide.
- Non metals do not conduct electricity
- Metals displace hydrogen gas from acids.
- a) What is reactivity series? How does the reactivity series of metals help in predicting the
relative activities of various metals? (5)
- b) Suggest different chemical processes used for obtaining a metal from its oxides for metals in
the middle of the reactivity series and metals towards the top of the reactivity series. Support
your answer with one example each.
- Name any 5 hormones secreted by human beings with its glands and function. (5)
- A student conducted an experiment to show CO2 is released during respiration.
List two precautions that he/she must take for obtaining correct observations.
- A student observed a permanent slide showing asexual reproduction in yeast.
Draw diagrams of the observations he must have made from the slide.
Name the process also. (2)
- Draw a path of light ray passing through a prism. Label angle of incidence and angle of
deviation in the ray diagram
- a) In grocery shops food cans are coated with tin and not with zinc Why? (2)
(b) Applying _______ prevents an iron frying pan from rusting
- i) Zinc ii)Grease iii)paint iv)All of the above
- A group of class X students prepared a street play to educate masses gender disparity to stop sex determination of girl child and abort it. (2)
- a) Who is responsible for the birth of a female child why?
- b) What value is depicted among the group members of class X?
- a) The least distance of distinct vision for a young adult with normal vision is about _ (2)
- b) Diameter of human eye is ______
Click here for answers :